Fireline, 4lb 50yd - Smoke
Fireline is a pre-waxed, braided cord consisting of gel-spun polyethylene which is known as the strongest fiber, per diameter, ever created.
It has an unbelievably high tensile strength and has been recommended in numerous how-to articles on beadworking.
The 4 & 6 lb. tests will fit a #12 English beading needle.
FireLine is made of strong fibers braided together and fused, but some may not know that it can also be used as a superior beading thread, though it is somewhat more expensive than other beading threads.
Beaders especially like FireLine because it is strong, resistant to abrasion, requires no conditioning, and does not stretch out, making it a particularly good beading thread for beginners.
- Easy to thread onto a needle
- A strong, durable beading thread
- Excellent for use in off-loom weaving and for stringing small pearls and gemstone beads
- Easy to undo tangles Very difficult to rip or tear with a needle
- A thread that does not require pre-stretching or conditioning Not apt to stretch or break